Install another OS
If you want to install another ARM-based OS to the Touch Book, you can easily do it by following those steps:
- Put a SD card (at least 1GB) in a Linux or Mac machine
- Download install-sd.sh script here
- run the command lines (note that all data will be erased on the SD card):
sudo -s ./install-sd.sh -d /dev/mmcblk0 -f -s
- Then, on the Linux or Mac machine with still the SD card inserted, you need to install your rootfs to the second partition:
sudo -s mkdir /tmp/ai_2/ mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /tmp/ai_2/ tar -xjpf /your_rootfs_tbz2 -C /tmp/ai_2/ sync umount /tmp/ai_2/
- Insert the SD card in the Touch Book and boot. If you want to go one step further, you may recompile the kernel without the initramfs. You will have a slightly faster boot but no change of performance. This step is very optional and not recommended.
You may also want to extract the modules (available here) of our kernel to your rootfs.
Note that you need to replace /dev/mmcblk0 by whatever your OS has mounted the SD card.