#touchbook IRC Log


IRC Log for 2009-11-01

Timestamps are in GMT/BST.

[0:30] * diroots (n=diroots@ Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[0:31] * diroots (n=diroots@ has joined #touchbook
[0:33] <swez> hi my order is paid and processed 8day...and i have not tracking number yet...i send it mail on contact@alwaysinnovating.com before 3 day...i am little nervy :)
[0:34] <swez> AI not answer me yet
[0:39] * Geep (n=JoeBelow@bas21-toronto12-1242558966.dsl.bell.ca) Quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
[0:43] <gregoiregentil> swez: strange. That should not be the case. Moreover, we have shipped a bunch of units last Friday
[0:43] <gregoiregentil> swez: I will ask John to take a look in the Support center
[0:44] <swez> thank you.. :) i'm enjoying at TB
[0:45] <swez> Order id: #ZPSDV
[0:45] <gregoiregentil> OK
[0:47] <drantin> greetings, gregoiregentil
[0:47] <gregoiregentil> drantin: Hello
[0:47] <drantin> I don't think I've seen you here often :D
[0:48] <gregoiregentil> Yes, the past month has been very busy but we will have more time to dedicate to software in November
[0:48] <gregoiregentil> So I should be around more often
[0:48] <drantin> nice, I just saw the public repository today
[0:49] <gregoiregentil> Yup. Could be better but it's a first step
[1:25] * MMlosh (n=MMlosh@2001:470:1f0b:b78:c4ea:4c14:840e:d05c) has joined #touchbook
[1:27] * djbclark (i=djbclark@pdpc/supporter/base/djbclark) Quit (farmer.freenode.net irc.freenode.net)
[1:27] * djbclark (i=djbclark@pdpc/supporter/base/djbclark) has joined #touchbook
[1:34] * Meizirkki (n=Meizirkk@bbwirelessgw2-feeedc00-64.dhcp.inet.fi) has joined #touchbook
[1:39] * diroots (n=diroots@ Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[1:40] * diroots (n=diroots@ has joined #touchbook
[1:53] * djbclark (i=djbclark@pdpc/supporter/base/djbclark) Quit (farmer.freenode.net irc.freenode.net)
[1:58] * djbclark (i=djbclark@208-78-97-186.slicehost.net) has joined #touchbook
[1:01] * Vito89 (n=quassel@r6bf250.net.upc.cz) has joined #touchbook
[1:07] * Q_Continuum (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) has joined #touchbook
[1:13] <DJWillis> gregoiregentil: how it the power managment looking on the TB these days?
[1:23] * Q_Continuum (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) Quit ("Ex-Chat")
[1:25] <koen> gregoiregentil: you do know it's not polite to steal commits and attach your own name to it, right? (e.g. the midori one)
[1:26] * koen is a bit grumpy today
[1:28] <drantin> you don't even need to do that with git, just generate a patch from one repo and commit in the other, or do some funky pulling from remotes, etc...
[1:32] <DJWillis> morning koen
[1:33] <DJWillis> Macer: what sort of figure did you have in mind?
[1:33] <DJWillis> Macer: ahh, your in the US, that's me out.
[1:33] * drantin paid 375 for his
[1:34] * fooq (n=reini@cm56-152-97.liwest.at) has joined #touchbook
[1:35] * fooq is happily waiting for the postman, hmmm october batch must be on its way
[1:37] <Eruquen> did you try mer on the touchbook?
[1:37] <DJWillis> Macer: the N900 will be more complete out of the box but perfect it is not ;-). Have you had a chance to try an N900?
[1:37] <koen> the n900 screen seems a lot smaller than the n8x0
[1:38] * koen is waiting for the n900 developer program units to become available
[1:39] <koen> I didn't have them side by side to compare
[1:39] <koen> and the n900 lacked plastics :)
[1:40] <DJWillis> Macer: it's a 3.5" screen so a lot smaller than the N8**/700. Much more like the size of the TouchPro2.
[1:42] <fooq> the motorola DROID has a cortex a8, too
[1:43] <fooq> so cmon gimme some sugar, whats with that mysterious october batch
[1:43] <DJWillis> Macer: yep, the screen res is the same but Nokia have pitched it as a smartphone to complete with HTC et. all.
[1:44] <fooq> was it scheduled? wasnt it? did I misunderstand it for 2009?
[1:46] <fooq> whatever
[1:52] * jvs (n=jvs@ has joined #touchbook
[1:52] <fooq> j0 jvs
[1:54] <jvs> hey FIN__Master
[1:54] <jvs> I mean fooq
[2:19] * fooq (n=reini@cm56-152-97.liwest.at) Quit ()
[2:51] * fooq (n=reini@cm56-152-97.liwest.at) has joined #touchbook
[2:52] * Meizirkki (n=Meizirkk@bbwirelessgw2-feeedc00-64.dhcp.inet.fi) Quit (Connection timed out)
[2:52] * Meizirkki (n=Meizirkk@bbwirelessgw2-feeedc00-64.dhcp.inet.fi) has joined #touchbook
[3:11] * Meizirkki (n=Meizirkk@bbwirelessgw2-feeedc00-64.dhcp.inet.fi) Quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
[4:02] * Meizirkki (n=Meizirkk@bbwirelessgw2-feeedc00-64.dhcp.inet.fi) has joined #touchbook
[4:22] * Meizirkki (n=Meizirkk@bbwirelessgw2-feeedc00-64.dhcp.inet.fi) Quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[5:11] <viridior> monring
[5:12] <viridior> err...morning too
[5:18] <jvs> be aware
[5:18] <jvs> stabbers everywhere
[5:42] * viridior (n=viridis@ip98-169-152-164.dc.dc.cox.net) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[6:00] * lcuk (i=lcuk@Maemo/community/contributor/lcuk) has joined #touchbook
[6:21] <Govee> tried to perform bitbake -f -c build ai-image and get a "do_compile does not exist for target a-image" any idea what I am doing wrong?
[6:27] * viridis_ (n=viridis@ip98-169-152-164.dc.dc.cox.net) has joined #touchbook
[6:32] * viridis_ (n=viridis@ip98-169-152-164.dc.dc.cox.net) Quit (Client Quit)
[6:34] * viridior (n=viridis@ip98-169-152-164.dc.dc.cox.net) has joined #touchbook
[7:20] * fooq (n=reini@cm56-152-97.liwest.at) Quit ()
[7:26] * diroots (n=diroots@ Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[7:26] * diroots (n=diroots@ has joined #touchbook
[7:27] <Corsac> hmmh, how comes I have a package available, seen in the opkg Packages.gz file, but not seen when doing opkg update and opkg search
[7:31] <Corsac> opkg install says it can't download it :/
[7:41] * robclark (n=robclark@nat/ti/x-akddumsfiqieazxy) has joined #touchbook
[8:09] * shiznebit (n=shiznebi@m455736d0.tmodns.net) has joined #touchbook
[8:10] <shiznebit> viridor whats the login for the neuvoo build ?
[9:09] * dirk2 (n=dirk@p5B040A33.dip0.t-ipconnect.de) has joined #touchbook
[9:27] * shiznebit_ (n=shiznebi@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) has joined #touchbook
[9:31] <Corsac> gregoiregentil: hmhm, what is the into-support patch for xfce-terminal is supposed to do?
[9:31] <koen> speaking of xfce-terminal, I have some patches to make it go faster
[9:32] <Corsac> like?
[9:32] <koen> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~siamashka/pixman/commit/?h=1bit-for-master&id=8d2df3da97db00ae6fedac94bfd6461ebd2dcd6e
[9:33] <Corsac> ok so they're against pixman but should benefit to all using apps, I guess?
[9:34] <Corsac> koen: it seems that my opkg install sees some weird libs version which are not in any of my sources
[9:34] <Corsac> so it wants to install them but fail because they don't exist
[9:34] <Corsac> so I fail to see from where it sees them
[9:39] <Corsac> koen: do you know how I can see that?
[9:41] <koen> dpkg-deb -I foo.ipk should show you the control file
[9:43] <Corsac> but I don't have any .ipk, that's the point
[9:43] <Corsac> they don't exist anywhere, afaict
[9:43] <koen> if you don't have packages wha are you tring to install then?
[9:45] <Corsac> opkg list xfconf
[9:45] <Corsac> xfconf - 4.6.1-r0.3 - Conf library for Xfce4
[9:45] <Corsac> xfconf - 4.6.1-r1.3 -
[9:45] <Corsac> there's no 4.6.1-r1.3 in any of my sources
[9:45] <Corsac> but it still wants to install this version
[9:45] <Corsac> and I can't get rid of that
[9:45] <Corsac> can't even force a version to install :/
[9:46] <DJWillis> Corsac: hmmm, bump the PR upto 2 and rebuild xfconf ;-), hackish quick-fix ;)
[9:47] <Corsac> well, that's hiding the problem under the carpet :/
[9:47] * gregoiregentil (n=gregoire@c-98-210-206-210.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has left #touchbook
[9:47] <koen> Corsac: look in /usr/lib/opkg/status for the r1.3 entry
[9:48] <Corsac> thanks
[9:49] <DJWillis> Corsac: what I find odd is that is the 1st time I have heard of a 'phantom' build like that.
[9:49] <Corsac> my guess is that some installed package once told opkg about this version, and now it's not available but the version still is present in the status file
[9:50] <koen> it's usually caused to having r1.3 available, opkg noting it and marking it for upgrade and then deleting it from your feeds
[9:50] <Corsac> yeah, there's a Version: 4.6.1-r1.3
[9:54] * gregoiregentil (n=gregoire@c-98-210-206-210.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #touchbook
[10:01] <gregoiregentil> Koen: Sorry for the copy-paste of Midori
[10:01] <Corsac> gregoiregentil: hey gr??goire
[10:01] <gregoiregentil> Hello
[10:01] <koen> gregoiregentil: np, just making sure to prevent future mistakes :)
[10:02] <gregoiregentil> yup! But you know the whole ai tree is the angstrom tree (behind...)
[10:02] <tommd> Does anyone else have issues with the ai-image build instructions? I get errors on some packages (Ex: ti-dsp)
[10:02] <gregoiregentil> tommd: it's probably normal
[10:02] <gregoiregentil> because you have some files that are not available due to some legal constraints
[10:02] <tommd> gregoiregentil: Its broken from time to time?
[10:02] <tommd> Ahh, I see.
[10:03] <gregoiregentil> please take a look at the private folder
[10:03] <gregoiregentil> ti-dsp probably can't be build if you don't have the ti stuff. You can get them if you register on their website
[10:04] <koen> gregoiregentil: can I persuade you to drop all the bridge stuff? ;)
[10:04] * alexandre (n=alexandr@c-76-21-41-103.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #touchbook
[10:05] <gregoiregentil> corsac: not sure for into-support.patch. I think that it's to launch a terminal
[10:05] <gregoiregentil> koen: you can try! right now, I put more efforts on dsplink than dispbridge
[10:05] <koen> gregoiregentil: I'm having a face2face with pratheesh in 2 weeks, let me know if you want to have some stuff discussed
[10:06] <koen> (by mail to k-kooi@ti.com, my memory is terrible atm)
[10:07] <gregoiregentil> ok
[10:08] <Corsac> gregoiregentil: ok, I've made a tentative port of that patch to xfce-terminal 0.4.2
[10:08] <gregoiregentil> OK. I don't think that I use it but it cannot hurt
[10:09] <gregoiregentil> Regarding http://bugzilla.alwaysinnovating.com/show_bug.cgi?id=40, does anyone know which udev rule mounts a USB keychain upon insertion?
[10:10] <koen> crap, I still need to file a bug about vo_omapfb not handling aspect ratio in full screen
[10:10] <Corsac> gregoiregentil: if you don't use it, fine, better dropping it altogether
[10:10] <gregoiregentil> corsac: yes
[10:10] <Corsac> (so there's not too much divert from upstream)
[10:11] <gregoiregentil> koen: which X version do you have? We still have this ugly six-second black screen with 1.6.x.
[10:11] <gregoiregentil> and the pixman patch you reference earlier is against a very new pixman that I don't have
[10:11] <Eruquen> six seconds? is that the frequency or the duration?
[10:11] <gregoiregentil> the duration :-(
[10:11] <gregoiregentil> it was not there on 1.5.x
[10:11] <koen> 1.6.1
[10:12] <Eruquen> so it's not related to the other black screen bug?
[10:12] <gregoiregentil> X is trying to loads some drivers or something
[10:12] <gregoiregentil> no
[10:12] <koen> marcin has patches for 1.7.x which I want to try soon
[10:12] <gregoiregentil> it's just during the launch
[10:12] <gregoiregentil> koen: so do I
[10:12] <Eruquen> any news on the old black screen problem?
[10:13] <DJWillis> gregoiregentil: I notice (as an aside) that your still trying to load 1.5 stuff like freetype in your 1.6 xorg.conf, only a tiny tiny delay but it all adds up.
[10:13] <Eruquen> we've been avoiding it with a script that resets the brightness every 10 seconds right now
[10:13] <gregoiregentil> Eruquen: no. I need to investigate. it's quite high on my todo list
[10:13] * alexandre (n=alexandr@c-76-21-41-103.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit ()
[10:13] <DJWillis> gregoiregentil: ever battled much with upstart? trying to get that going well so people can move off sync init scripts to try and speed up some areas of the boot.
[10:13] <gregoiregentil> DJWillis: thanks. I will clean up the conf file
[10:14] <gregoiregentil> DJWillis: yes, I would like to improve boot time.
[10:14] <gregoiregentil> I have started to write the init script so that it launches X sooner
[10:15] <koen> I would like to make the initscripts be something like: udev, mount, dbus, x, rest
[10:15] <DJWillis> gregoiregentil: yep, the idea of upstart and an early X server have a LOT of appeal :)
[10:16] <gregoiregentil> also, there is a lot to save in u-boot/kernel. We started to discuss this with Koen
[10:16] <Eruquen> have you ever thought about changing the window manager of the AIOS? xfce is nice for desktop PCs but it doesn't really feel right for a touchscreen device
[10:16] <DJWillis> koen: then look to upstart, it's about as good as you can get (far from ideal) but a lot better than sysvinit.
[10:16] <gregoiregentil> Eruquen: Any other idea?
[10:16] <Eruquen> what about matchbox?
[10:17] <gregoiregentil> I don't know it very well. So I don't what I would win/lose
[10:18] <Eruquen> it certainly seems to be a good fit for touchscreen devices
[10:18] <koen> matchbox only allows full screen windows
[10:19] <gregoiregentil> it's the Nokia Nxxx thing
[10:19] <gregoiregentil> I see
[10:19] <DJWillis> Eruquen: we used to use Matchbox 1.2 (and 2pre) on the Pandora and have switched to E17 or Xfce (depending on my mood). Matchbox just seemed to give us (OP that is) trouble :(
[10:19] <Eruquen> hm, too bad
[10:19] <gregoiregentil> in tablet mode, we have a small xfwm patch
[10:19] <DJWillis> gregoiregentil: it pre-dates Maemo by a long way but Nokia use a fork of it, or did in older Maemo.
[10:19] <Eruquen> it would be a nice alternative for the touchscreen-only mode
[10:20] <koen> you can install it if you want, it's in the angstrom feeds
[10:21] <gregoiregentil> in tablet mode, we have a small xfwm patch that forces to have only one window at a time. I also wanted to change the button so that they are a little bigger. Pretty the same direction
[10:21] <Eruquen> I'll try that right now
[10:22] <Eruquen> yeah, bigger buttons would be awesome
[10:23] <koen> not looking like windows XP would also be welcome
[10:23] <koen> but I guess it would confuse the windows folks
[10:24] <DJWillis> koen: got a screenshot of the TB default Xfce theme?
[10:24] <koen> not at the moment
[10:27] * nascent (n=nascent@ has joined #touchbook
[10:30] <Eruquen> hm, trying to install matchbox (or pretty much anything) results in an error related to gconf: gconf wants to install .... but that file is already provided by gconf-dbus
[10:30] <Eruquen> for 5 different files
[10:33] * alexandre (n=alexandr@c-98-210-206-210.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #touchbook
[10:37] <ryuo> koen, i think xfce has a windows xp theme clone.
[10:37] <ryuo> called redmond xp or something
[11:05] * tommd (n=Thomas_D@71-34-65-37.ptld.qwest.net) Quit ("Leaving.")
[11:36] * shiznebit_ (n=shiznebi@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) Quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
[11:37] * alexandre (n=alexandr@c-98-210-206-210.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit ()
[11:40] * edt (n=Ed@dsl-62-144.aei.ca) Quit (Killed by douglas.freenode.net (Nick collision))
[11:41] * robclark (n=robclark@nat/ti/x-akddumsfiqieazxy) Quit ()
[11:42] * ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * dpb (i=dpb@unaffiliated/dpb) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * drantin (n=drantin@ Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * andrewgodwin (n=andrew@hydrae.aeracode.org) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * Stskeeps (n=chobits@Maemo/community/distmaster/Stskeeps) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * azaghal (n=azaghal@ Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * dirk2 (n=dirk@p5B040A33.dip0.t-ipconnect.de) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * diroots (n=diroots@ Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * DJWillis (i=djwillis@82-46-19-72.cable.ubr02.bath.blueyonder.co.uk) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * djbclark (i=djbclark@pdpc/supporter/base/djbclark) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * Eruquen (i=Eruquen@server3.raumopol.de) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * robclark_tb1 (n=ai@ppp-70-129-138-158.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * Guest3681 (n=chatzill@ppp-70-251-7-21.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * djbclark (i=djbclark@208-78-97-186.slicehost.net) has joined #touchbook
[11:42] * dpb (i=dpb@xob.kapsi.fi) has joined #touchbook
[11:42] * Stskeeps (n=chobits@ has joined #touchbook
[11:42] * djbclark (i=djbclark@208-78-97-186.slicehost.net) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * dpb (i=dpb@xob.kapsi.fi) Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * Stskeeps (n=chobits@ Quit (Nick collision from syn.)
[11:42] * djbclark` (i=djbclark@208-78-97-186.slicehost.net) has joined #touchbook
[11:43] <Corsac> hmhm, why do i have libxfcegui4 and libxfcegui4-4
[11:43] * dirk2 (n=dirk@ has joined #touchbook
[11:43] * DJWillis (i=djwillis@ has joined #touchbook
[11:43] <Corsac> and why can't I just remove one
[11:43] * Eruquen (i=Eruquen@ has joined #touchbook
[11:43] * ed__ (n=Ed@ has joined #touchbook
[11:43] * andrewgodwin (n=andrew@ has joined #touchbook
[11:44] * robclark_tb (n=ai@ has joined #touchbook
[11:44] * drantin (n=drantin@ip68-6-214-39.sd.sd.cox.net) has joined #touchbook
[11:44] * azaghal (n=azaghal@ has joined #touchbook
[11:44] * diroots (n=diroots@ has joined #touchbook
[11:44] * token (n=chatzill@ppp-70-251-7-21.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has joined #touchbook
[11:45] * ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) has joined #touchbook
[11:45] * ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) Quit (Killed by sagan.freenode.net (Nick collision))
[11:45] * ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) has joined #touchbook
[11:45] * ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) Quit (farmer.freenode.net irc.freenode.net)
[11:45] -Md- [GlobalNotice] sorry for the recent mass-kill issue! we are investigating what happened exactly
[11:47] * Stskeepz (n=chobits@pc-10-195.skjoldhoej.dk) has joined #touchbook
[11:47] * dpb (i=dpb@xob.kapsi.fi) has joined #touchbook
[11:48] * tommd (n=Thomas_D@71-34-65-37.ptld.qwest.net) has joined #touchbook
[11:49] * shiznebit_ (n=shiznebi@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) has joined #touchbook
[11:49] * Stskeepz (n=chobits@pc-10-195.skjoldhoej.dk) Quit (Client Quit)
[11:51] * ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) has joined #touchbook
[11:51] * drantin is now known as Guest61392
[11:51] * azaghal is now known as Guest1019
[11:51] * token is now known as Guest87490
[11:52] * dirk2 (n=dirk@ Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[11:59] * Guest1019 is now known as azaghal
[12:01] * robclark (n=robclark@nat/ti/x-efaf34fec8717cde) has joined #touchbook
[12:03] -tomaw- [Global Notice] Hi all, as you will have noticed a rather large percentage of our users were just killed by a bug in a utility bot. We've taken it offline and are investigating the cause. Sorry for the inconvenience! Please direct questions to #freenode as staff are a little swamped!
[12:05] * Guest87490 (n=chatzill@ppp-70-251-7-21.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has left #touchbook
[12:06] * Guest87490 (n=chatzill@ppp-70-251-7-21.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has joined #touchbook
[12:06] * MMlosh (n=MMlosh@2001:470:1f0b:b78:c4ea:4c14:840e:d05c) Quit ("Bye...")
[12:06] * alexandre (n=alexandr@c-76-21-41-103.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #touchbook
[12:09] * fooq (n=reini@cm56-152-97.liwest.at) has joined #touchbook
[12:15] <Guest87490> gregoiregentil: Has the October batch shipped?
[12:21] <gregoiregentil> Yes but we have more units available. I will make a forum announcement. If you want your unit now (and accept beta software), send an email to contact@alwaysinnovating.com
[12:28] <Guest87490> gregoiregentil: I'm confused. I was told I was in the Oct batch.
[12:28] * shiznebit_ (n=shiznebi@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) Quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
[12:30] <gregoiregentil> Can you give your order ID?
[12:30] <Guest87490> Let me check.
[12:31] <jvs> gregoiregentil, I have mailed to contact@alwaysinnovating.com
[12:31] <jvs> my order id is #ZZAXG
[12:33] <gregoiregentil> it's a big order for international. Let me see with the support center team on Monday morning
[12:33] <jvs> cool, we are from Austria
[12:33] * nascent (n=nascent@ Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[12:33] <jvs> and ordered back in June
[12:37] <Guest87490> gregoiregentil: I don't seem to have received an order ID.
[12:37] <gregoiregentil> OK. We will check into this
[12:38] <Guest87490> um, how?
[12:38] * shiznebit (n=shiznebi@m455736d0.tmodns.net) Quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
[12:38] <Guest87490> oh, nevermind.
[12:40] <jvs> Guest61392, its the order receipt #
[12:42] <Guest87490> jvs: Which I don't seem to have received.
[12:43] <jvs> you did not get a confirmation mail?
[12:43] <Guest87490> Confirmation of?
[12:44] <Guest87490> order? shipment?
[12:45] <fooq> order
[12:45] <Guest87490> No.
[12:46] <Guest87490> But I have received follow-on emails.
[12:47] <Guest87490> I'm getting really irritated with all the delays and mistakes.
[12:49] <gregoiregentil> Guest87490: you should have received an email back in June when you ordered
[12:49] <gregoiregentil> the email is automatically sent during the order process (unless there is a mail filter on your side and you haven't received it)
[12:50] <gregoiregentil> you receive also an email when your credit card is processed, and one more from the USPS with the tracking number when your unit is shipped
[12:50] -christel- [Global Notice] Hi all, We have now worked out the cause of the recent killings, and for those interested, information can be found at http://announce.freenode.net -- We apologise for the balls-up and the inconvenience caused. Thank you for using freenode and have a nice evening.
[12:50] * srobertson (n=steven@2001:470:8:3ec:0:0:0:1) has joined #touchbook
[12:51] <Guest87490> gregoiregentil: That doesn't answer my question.
[12:52] <gregoiregentil> what's your question?
[12:52] <Guest87490> I want to know what the status of my order is, and when it will ship.
[12:53] <gregoiregentil> what's the email address you used for the order?
[12:55] * srobertson (n=steven@2001:470:8:3ec:0:0:0:1) Quit (Client Quit)
[13:11] * Guest61392 is now known as drantin
[13:11] * drantin is now known as Guest84647
[13:12] * Guest84647 is now known as drantin
[13:16] * alexandre (n=alexandr@c-76-21-41-103.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit ()
[13:27] * jnzmaster (n=chatzill@c-98-231-149-193.hsd1.md.comcast.net) has joined #touchbook
[13:28] <jnzmaster> hi gregoire
[13:28] <jnzmaster> just sent you an email
[13:28] <jnzmaster> hoping to get processed soon
[13:28] <Guest87490> Ok, for the record, gregoiregentil informs me that he'll make sure my order ships this week. Thanks gregoire.
[13:29] <jnzmaster> my order id is ZZAAI, btw
[13:31] * alexandre (n=alexandr@c-76-21-41-103.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #touchbook
[13:48] <jnzmaster> 87490 - when did you order?
[13:49] <Guest87490> June, I think.
[13:57] <lcuk> gregoiregentil, all software is beta :)
[13:58] <gregoiregentil> lcuk: you bet!
[14:03] <hyc> besides, they're Always Innovating... there will always be a better version coming down the pike
[14:04] <DJWillis> hyc: yep, thats just life.
[14:11] <hyc> yep, I wouldn't want it any other way
[14:11] <hyc> gregoiregentil: so I'm assuming the kernel you just sent me is the same as the git version
[14:12] <hyc> and it's using the memory hole for dsplink
[14:12] <gregoiregentil> yes
[14:12] <hyc> cool
[14:12] <hyc> dmesg shows a ton of kernel divide by zero errors, apparentlyfrom the rt3070 driver
[14:14] <hyc> but it still seems to be working, iwlist scan works
[14:16] <tommd> gregoiregentil: Do you have a link to the TI registration and material?
[14:16] <gregoiregentil> tommd: it would worth to make a wiki page how to register and where to get the materials
[14:16] <tommd> I'm looking and once I find it I'll add to the AI-image wiki page.
[14:17] <gregoiregentil> tommd: it's also why I have listed the tar.bz2 in private-readme so that people know what they are missing
[14:17] <gregoiregentil> I can help you. Let me take a look
[14:17] <gregoiregentil> Koen (and his TI recipes) has more information
[14:21] <gregoiregentil> tommd: additionally of the private folder, there are some absolute files needed to compile TI stuff
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> SRC_URI = "file:///OE/TI/ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.9_setup_linux_x86.bin"
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> SRC_URI = "file:///OE/TI/codec_engine_2_24_01.tar.gz \
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> SRC_URI = "file:///OE/TI/omap3530_dvsdk_combos_3_16.tbz2 \
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> SRC_URI = "file:///OE/TI/codec_engine_2_24_01.tar.gz "
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> SRC_URI = "file:///OE/TI/bios_setuplinux_5_33_04.bin"
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> SRC_URI = "file:///OE/TI/dsplink_1_61_03.tar.gz \
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> SRC_URI = "file:///OE/TI/local_power_manager_1_24.tar.gz"
[14:22] <tommd> Yeah, I'm looking to populate the private folder properly and update the wiki with needed instructions.
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> SRC_URI = "file:///OE/TI/codec_engine_2_24_01.tar.gz "
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> you will need this stuff
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> too
[14:22] <tommd> It is forever saved in my irc logs :-)
[14:22] <gregoiregentil> yup
[14:23] * jnzmaster (n=chatzill@c-98-231-149-193.hsd1.md.comcast.net) Quit ("ChatZilla 0.9.85 [Browser 2.5.2/2009080717]")
[14:32] * Guest87490 (n=chatzill@ppp-70-251-7-21.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[14:56] <azaghal> gregoiregentil: Ah, any news on October batch for international orders?
[14:57] <gregoiregentil> Hello azaghal, I will make an announcement on the forum. You may read the log of this IRC for more information (what I said to a few other customers earlier today)
[14:57] <azaghal> gregoiregentil: One more thing - since I don't keep cash on the CC I filled in, will I get notice of failed charging?
[14:59] <gregoiregentil> yes
[14:59] <gregoiregentil> you will receive an automatic email and you can then contact the support center to solve the problem if needed
[14:59] <azaghal> Ah, good.
[15:00] <azaghal> Btw, when you referred to logs, does it mean I should send out an e-mail etc to get one shipped to me as well?
[15:00] <gregoiregentil> yes. that would be better
[15:00] <azaghal> I'm kind of having window of opportunity somewhere at beginning of December when my uncle can get the TouchBook to me from France.
[15:01] <azaghal> Great, thanks.
[15:01] <gregoiregentil> no problem
[15:03] * shiznebit_ (n=shiznebi@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) has joined #touchbook
[15:10] <azaghal> Hm... Dollar sure has gone down quite a bit.
[15:11] <shiznebit_> shrugs
[15:12] <azaghal> shiznebit_: To me that's a good news ;)
[15:12] <shiznebit_> where are you ?
[15:13] <azaghal> Serbia
[15:14] <shiznebit_> whats be making bread
[15:14] <shiznebit_> s/whats/must
[15:14] <azaghal> Hm?
[15:14] <shiznebit_> well if its good news to ya
[15:14] <azaghal> Nah, just smaller price for TouchBook.
[15:15] <azaghal> Anyway, heading off ;)
[15:15] * srobertson (n=steven@2001:470:8:3ec:0:0:0:1) has joined #touchbook
[15:15] * robclark (n=robclark@nat/ti/x-efaf34fec8717cde) Quit ()
[15:19] * Q_Continuum (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) has joined #touchbook
[15:27] * Geep (n=JoeBelow@bas21-toronto12-1242364376.dsl.bell.ca) has joined #touchbook
[15:39] * Q_Continuum (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) Quit ("Ex-Chat")
[15:45] * robclark (n=robclark@nat/ti/x-19654ae87134b4d8) has joined #touchbook
[15:57] * srobertson (n=steven@2001:470:8:3ec:0:0:0:1) Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[15:57] * srobertson (n=steven@2001:470:8:3ec:0:0:0:1) has joined #touchbook
[16:02] * Guest64167 (n=chatzill@ppp-70-251-7-21.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) has joined #touchbook
[16:05] * fooq (n=reini@cm56-152-97.liwest.at) Quit ()
[16:23] * Qlaras (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) has joined #touchbook
[16:23] * Qlaras (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[16:23] * Q_Continuum (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) has joined #touchbook
[16:45] <ryuo> gregoiregentil, still awake?
[17:00] * Q_Continuum (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) Quit ("Ex-Chat")
[17:47] * shiznebit_ (n=shiznebi@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) Quit (Remote closed the connection)
[17:48] * shiznebit (n=shiznebi@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) has joined #touchbook
[17:59] * tommd (n=Thomas_D@71-34-65-37.ptld.qwest.net) Quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[18:06] * shiznebit (n=shiznebi@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) Quit (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
[18:08] * shiznebit_TB (n=ai@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) has joined #touchbook
[18:16] * tommd (n=Thomas_D@65-102-53-92.ptld.qwest.net) has joined #touchbook
[18:16] <shiznebit_TB> whats up tommd
[18:17] <tommd> hey shiznebit_TB
[18:17] <tommd> Just finishing up some code before dinner.
[18:17] <tommd> you?
[18:17] <shiznebit_TB> tommd: which os are you running on your tb
[18:17] <shiznebit_TB> trying to see if its possible to install java on the AIOS
[18:17] <tommd> Just the default (AI OS) for now.
[18:17] <shiznebit_TB> so far can't figure it out
[18:18] <shiznebit_TB> looks impossible
[18:18] <shiznebit_TB> any cluee tommd ?
[18:18] <tommd> Yeah, my real task (once I have time for TB tasks) is to get GHC registered build on the TB (which means, get an ARM port).
[18:18] <tommd> shiznebit_TB: No, sorry.
[18:18] <shiznebit_TB> GHC ?
[18:21] <shiznebit_TB> tommd: any word of the next AIOS, other then the september C version ?
[18:21] <tommd> GHC == glasgow haskell compiler.
[18:21] * tommd goes to eat dinner
[18:39] <shiznebit_TB> i'd like usb 3.0 and Cortex A9 + milo, with 512MB of RAM and perfectly working usb
[18:39] <shiznebit_TB> is that too much to as
[18:45] * Q_Continuum (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) has joined #touchbook
[19:14] * shiznebit_TB (n=ai@ool-18b99096.dyn.optonline.net) Quit (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
[19:16] * Guest64167 (n=chatzill@ppp-70-251-7-21.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net) Quit ("ChatZilla 0.9.85 [Firefox]")
[19:28] <gregoiregentil> Too bad that shiznebit_TB left the room!
[19:29] <gregoiregentil> usb 3.0: the number of available accessories is so small and Cortex A9 will take some time. Ask TI...
[19:46] * Vito89 (n=quassel@r6bf250.net.upc.cz) Quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[19:49] * lcuk (i=lcuk@Maemo/community/contributor/lcuk) Quit ("Leaving")
[19:53] * snlemons (n=snlemons@c-24-60-77-165.hsd1.nh.comcast.net) has joined #touchbook
[19:55] <tommd> gregoiregentil: I was tempted to ask him what tasks he has that such features would make easier (or possible).
[19:56] * Govee (n=Govee@d-216-36-8-221.cpe.metrocast.net) Quit ("Leaving")
[20:00] * djbclark` is now known as djbclark
[20:07] <snlemons> gregoiregentil: I saw in the logs that you'd told someone they could email contact@alwaysinnovating.com to tell them they'd accept beta software if they want a chance at the current units. I ordered in July and am just fine with beta software. would it be acceptable for me to email that, too, or was that one-time advice?
[20:13] <hyc> might be worthwhile to post an announcement about the remaining pre-orders, and when the backlog will all be caught up
[20:13] <gregoiregentil> yes
[20:13] <gregoiregentil> to both snlemons and hyc
[20:16] <snlemons> thanks, gregoiregentil. really looking forward to it.
[20:37] * snlemons (n=snlemons@c-24-60-77-165.hsd1.nh.comcast.net) Quit ("Leaving")
[20:48] * robclark (n=robclark@nat/ti/x-19654ae87134b4d8) Quit ()
[20:57] <ryuo> gregoiregentil, evening :)
[21:23] * Q_Continuum (n=Q_Contin@68-117-46-14.dhcp.roch.mn.charter.com) Quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[21:43] * alongst (n=alon@ has joined #touchbook
[21:48] <gregoiregentil> ryuo: hello
[21:49] <gregoiregentil> Macer: I tried but I didn't finish. I'm very interested if anybody else has done any work in this direction
[22:08] <gregoiregentil> we are working on pm branch... I think that rootfs and kernel are two separate things. I intended to use the AI kernel even with Android
[22:09] <gregoiregentil> What are your complaints against AI OS (which is xfce) vs maemo5 or Mer?
[22:11] <gregoiregentil> No problem. Interesting to understand what would be nice to improve
[22:11] <gregoiregentil> Ubuntu is interesting because of apt-get but you don't have the rotation/accelerometer, accelerated video, nice onscreen keyboard and so on... A lot of work on those directions too.
[22:13] <gregoiregentil> It's all about trade-off!
[22:17] <gregoiregentil> I'm not sure to entirely follow you. I agree that AI OS/Xfce needs more polishment (especially for touchscreen interface), but I think that it's quite efficient in terms of resources
[22:17] <gregoiregentil> xfce is very light. Midori/webkit is very fast
[22:18] <gregoiregentil> just the desktop takes only 67MB
[22:19] <gregoiregentil> Midori starts in 7 seconds and then you are around 100MB of used RAM. I think that it's not bad. I would love to see if Ubuntu/Mer/Maemo can do better.
[22:20] <gregoiregentil> What I would love to see (and we are working on it) is better touchscreen UI. Bigger buttons everywhere when you are in tablet mode, especially in video player. Midori that can be really used with finger ?? la iPhone
[22:27] <gregoiregentil> Yes. leveraging more SGX would be great for better UI
[22:28] <gregoiregentil> sure. Canola seems interesting but it's not open source :-(
[22:29] <gregoiregentil> difficult to adapt then...
[22:29] * gregoiregentil (n=gregoire@c-98-210-206-210.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has left #touchbook
[22:29] * gregoiregentil (n=gregoire@c-98-210-206-210.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #touchbook
[22:31] <ryuo> is it true C++ is broken on ARM?
[22:31] <DJWillis> ryuo: that's a very random comment :-o
[22:31] <ryuo> =p
[22:33] <hyc> C++ is broken everywhere. just some people haven't realized it yet :P
[22:33] <hyc> Android seems, to me, to be a really dumb idea. Separate JVMs for every userapp
[22:33] <hyc> I'm interested in looking at mer when I get a chance
[22:43] * Vito89 (n=quassel@gw.loccal.net) has joined #touchbook
[22:52] * Vito89 (n=quassel@gw.loccal.net) Quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[22:54] <azaghal> gregoiregentil: Btw, ever thought about implementing some kind of overlay transparent keyboard (it could fade out after some time completely etc)
[22:59] * gregoiregentil (n=gregoire@c-98-210-206-210.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
[23:03] * killring (n=killring@adsl-76-234-135-6.dsl.sfldmi.sbcglobal.net) Quit ()
[23:06] <Corsac> mpf, xfdesktop 4.6 doesn't really manage to configure desktop background
[23:06] <Corsac> not exactly sure why
[23:22] <hyc> oh well
[23:22] <hyc> http://gforge.ti.com/gf/project/gstreamer_ti/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_id=143&tracker_item_id=930
[23:22] <hyc> bug rejected, TI doesn't want to fix their crappy code
[23:37] <hyc> I think it's ludicrous that they expect you to set a DISABLE environment variable for each individual function of their gstreamer module
[23:37] <hyc> hell, that thing must export a couple dozen interfaces
[23:37] <DJWillis> Corsac: hmmm, really? No issues here, sat with the Xfce logo in the middle of the screen and changes seem to commit.
[23:37] <Corsac> with 4.6?
[23:38] <Corsac> (thought that's the 4.6 from ai branch so maybe an included patch did break)
[23:38] <Corsac> what's fun is that it detects three connected outputs (S-Video, LVDS and VGA)
[23:38] <DJWillis> Corsac: I have only ever used 4.6 ;), yep, on the Pandora however. Not taken anything from your branch to date, just what I got pushed to mainline.
[23:39] <hyc> Corsac: ooo, cool. wonder what the heck it's reading to make it think that...
[23:39] <Corsac> xrandr I guess
[23:39] <hyc> probably the GPU has those ports, just nothing attached to them
[23:40] <DJWillis> Corsac: how familiar are you will the session side of things with Xfce? Trying to make it all 'play nice' with OpenEmbedded/Angstrom's existing XSession stuff and while it's easy to hack in I would apprecate a pointer on the 'right' way to do it.
[23:41] <DJWillis> hyc: some of that is exposed to /sys via DSS2 but not really looked into why Xfce might be picking it up (if it really is). Does the TB have the S-Video out on it?
[23:41] <hyc> no, it has no external video options at all
[23:42] <DJWillis> hyc: the Beagle does ;), I wonder if its a hang over from that.
[23:44] <Corsac> DJWillis: what exactly do you want?
[23:45] <Corsac> DJWillis: basically, what we use in debian is the startxfce4 script
[23:45] <Corsac> which sets up some stuff
[23:45] <Corsac> at some point there's a duplicate with debian /etc/X11/Xsession.d scripts but that's not too bad
[23:46] <Corsac> the correct way to startup is either to use a login manager or to use startx (no arg) with a .xsession containing "exec startxfce4"
[23:46] <DJWillis> Corsac: that was my plan (use startxfce4) but I also need to get it to run /etc/X11/Xsession.d as in OpenEmbedded a lot of handy stuff goes there. I did not want to 'hack' things to much.
[23:47] <DJWillis> I guess I would add a session script but that seems a shame as startxfce4 works really well.
[23:47] <Corsac> just run both :)
[23:47] <Corsac> I think what we do is X-distro
[23:47] <Corsac> just run startx without any argument nor .xinitrc
[23:47] <Corsac> but with a .xsession
[23:48] <Corsac> that way, it'll use the /etc/X11/Xsession.d scripts, and eventually run the startxfce4 script
[23:49] <DJWillis> Corsac: seems overcooked but yep, that would work ;)
[23:55] * alexandre (n=alexandr@c-76-21-41-103.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) Quit ()
[23:57] <Corsac> DJWillis: i have the same kind of problem, I don't want to divert too much either from upstream or from the distro scripts
[23:58] <Corsac> but at some point, if the Xsession.d scripts are cross-distro, it might make sense to drop them from the script

These logs were automatically created by TouchBook-LogBot on irc.freenode.net using the Java IRC LogBot.