I'm having trouble with android and wifi in 2010.12a. Initially I had the same problem as 2010.11a, i.e. it never connected to my home network, just cycled indefinitely through connecting and authenticating. After a bit of twiddling I finally got it to connect to my home wifi network, and I've no idea why it suddenly started working. Maybe it just needed some time for the first connect. Took about two minutes eventually, now it's connecting in about 10 seconds. The problem is that I can't actually do anything over wifi, because DNS isn't resolving. I can connect to my home router by IP using connectbot. So I tried CTRL-F1 and got a console then had a look at /etc/resolv.conf which had only one line
- Code: Select all
I tried manually changing the nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf, and could then ping by domain name, I tried my home router by name and also google and yahoo to verify the problem wasn't with my NAT box. No problems. But none of the android apps seemed to pick up the changes to resolv.conf. I even killed and restarted firefox in the hopes it would pick up the new settings on a restart, but no dice.
So there seem to be two problems here:
1. TB Android doesn't update resolv.conf via DHCP as it shold
2. TB Android apps do not monitor or use resolv.conf settings
Of course this is my first foray into android internals, so I figure they might use something completely different for DNS lookups, but I'm guessing it's unlikely, especially since ping definitely uses it.